The novel coronavirus is a respiratory virus first reported in December, 2019. The illness has since spread around the globe, and the World Health Organization has characterized it as a pandemic. The disease caused by the virus is called COVID-19. Since there is no treatment and vaccine available yet, the best way to prevent COVID19 infection are:
1. Proper hand-washing. The CDC recommends washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before eating, after using the bathroom, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, and before and after caring for a sick friend or a family member.
2. Practice social distancing: Keep a 6 ft distance between each other.
3. Clean all “high-touch” surfaces, such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and bedside tables.
4. Stay home when the govt implements lockdown and do not organize parties or gathering at home.
5. If you are returning from abroad, self quarantine for 14 days. It is a difficult time for all of us. We will get through this safely together if we follow the precautions.
Thank you !
Leave a Reply